£35,000 to £45,000 dependent upon experience (plus eligibility for bonus payments after an initial qualifying period)
Silverlink Software – Unlocking Digital Innovation
Silverlink Software is one of the leading providers of patient administration systems (PAS) to the NHS. Having worked with healthcare organisations for over 20 years, we have well-established relationships across the country, with hospitals and health centres using our software to process over 15 million electronic patient records (EPR) every day.
We also partner with other leading technology suppliers, such as Zesty and Nervecentre, to unlock digital innovation by enabling healthcare organisations to integrate innovative clinical technology into our system and support their digital ambitions to modernise and improve patient care.
Silverlink is a small, close-knit team of software developers, QA engineers, operational and support staff that strive towards the common goal of helping NHS trusts provide safer and more effective healthcare through the use of technology. We have an office base in Newcastle upon Tyne and whilst most staff live and work in the North East, the organisation’s collaborative and agile culture has meant we have all been successfully working, and supporting our customers and business, remotely since March due to COVID-19.
We are looking for a candidate that has suitable experience to hit the ground running and play a key role in helping to continue to grow opportunities for Silverlink and build solid and supportive relationships with our NHS customers. In return, you will join a highly-skilled and committed team, with the opportunity to work flexibly around core office hours and with a competitive benefits package.
This role offers hands-on experience with our market leading product, PCS, and the opportunity to work with and engage new and existing customers. The candidate will support the PCS product lifecycle from pre-sales through to the assisting of with the design of new features by collecting detailed requirements, undertake quality assurance and testing, prepare product documentation, get involved in product implementations and provide subsequent on-going customer support for the PCS Product.
The candidate will report into the PCS Product Manager. Our offices are based in Newcastle upon Tyne, but we would consider offering a home-based position to the right candidate providing that they could travel to our offices on a regular basis as and when required. The successful candidate will also be required to travel to our customer sites and may be required to attend conferences and trade shows on behalf of the company.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated and organised person with experience of providing healthcare software, who pays attention to detail and is adept in building strong relationships with customers and project stakeholders.
- To provide product consultancy and training services to customers both on and off site in the PCS Product.
- Supporting the sales team/Managing Director in answering tender responses and providing demonstration capability which may include attendance at client meetings, trade shows, conferences and events. (This may require overnight stays and occasional weekend working.)
- To be able to present a sales demonstration of the PCS product to prospective customers.
- Undertaking product support tasks, helpdesk provision in line with SLA’s, and providing training to users as and when required.
- To provide appropriate resources to the Development and Product Management team as scheduled providing, requirement gathering, documentation, support and training material creation and assistance in testing new product releases and software enhancements.
- Attendance at user groups.
- Contribute towards new/existing product development by compiling clinical/customer feedback and requirements and reporting to the development team.
- To maintain a current knowledge of the company applications with focus on the PCS Product.
- To comply with Company procedures in all areas of responsibility.
- To carry out such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose and level of responsibility and offer support to other departments when required.
Desirable attributes and skills
- Five years’ experience in the healthcare/healthcare software market
- Practical software experience and commercial experience
- Demonstrable flexibility, autonomy and self-motivation
- Highly organised and professional
- Excellent administration skills
- Strong communicator both written, verbal and other mediums
- Good presentation skills
- Outgoing and approachable personality
- Ability to work effectively with technical and clinical personnel
- Knowledge of patient administration systems
- Previous experience of patient administration/use of IT systems in a hospital setting
- Experience of using general office IT systems and advanced user of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and MS Project
- Full-time role (37.5 hours per week)
- Closing date for applications: 4 December 2020
- Proposed dates for interview: w/c 7 December 2020
- Proposed start date: January 2021
- We offer a very favourable package of benefits including;
- Flexible working around core office hours;
- Workplace pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Life Insurance Plan
- Full UK Driving Licence is required
- A DBS check is required
- No recruitment agencies please
Silverlink is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in its employment practices.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for Silverlink and what skills you would bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00 on 4 December 2020.